Spareribs Stir-fry Recipe
Spicy and crispy Chinese spareribs are ready! Give this simple-to-master recipe a try.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Wok, mixing bowl, serving plate.
200 g / 7 oz. spareribs
1 green pepper
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tbsp. chopped scallion
1 slice ginger
1 tbsp. Chinese cooking wine, or dry sherry
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsps. cornstarch
1 tbsp. salt, or to taste
2 tbsps. vegetable oil, for stir-frying
1. Rinse the sparerib thoroughly under cold running water, drain well and chop into 1-inch length, combine with sugar, Chinese cooking wine, salt, cornstarch, oyster sauce, and light soy sauce, mix well and let them marinate for about 15 minutes.
2. Remove the stem of the green pepper, cut well, peel the potato well and slice thin.
3. Preheat a wok over high heat for 1 minute before adding 2 tbsps. vegetable oil, heat until hot, then saute scallion, red pepper, and ginger slice until aromatic, about 30 seconds, do not brown.
4. Add the marinated spareribs and stir fry over medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
5. Stir into light soy sauce, keep stirring over medium high heat for about 2 minutes, then add potato slices, add some water if necessary, then add green peppers, keep stirring.
6. Add the marinade, oyster sauce, season with salt, and sugar, cook over high heat until the sauce thickens.
7. Dish out and serve hot.