| Method :
- Place the crab on a chopping board, belly side up.
- Cut through the middle with a cleaver, but avoid cutting into the top shell.
- Chop off the claws, lightly crush the shell and set them aside.
- Lift off the top shell and clean the crab, discarding the spongy tissue.
- Chop the body into 4 or 6 pieces, depending on the size and lightly coat the crab meat with cornflour.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the crab for 2 minutes over a very high heat.
- Remove, drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the pan.
- Add the ginger, garlic, spring onion (scallion) and curry paste.
- Stir and cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Return the crab to the pan, stirring and add the chicken stock, sugar and salt.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning the contents once or twice to ensure that they are evenly cooked.
- Sprinkle with Chinese yellow wine and serve.