Stir-fried Pork with Cincaluk
2-3 tbsp oil
3 shallots (thinly sliced)
3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
1/2 lb pork fillet (cut into small pieces)
4 teaspoons cincaluk
1 tablespoon tamarind juice
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt to taste
1 red chili (deseeded and cut into small pieces)
1/2 bell pepper/1 green chili (deseeded and cut into small pieces)
- Heat up the oil in a wok over medium heat to fry the shallots until they turn golden brown and crispy. Dish out and set aside.
- In the remaining oil, fry the garlic slices until fragrant and just lightly browned. Remove half of the garlic and set aside before adding the cincaluk.
- Saute the cincaluk until fragrant before adding red chiles and bell peppers.
- As soon as you smell the aromas of the chiles and peppers, add in the meat. Stir-fry for 30 seconds and add the tamarind juice, sugar, and salt to taste.
- Continue to stir fry the pork until it’s cooked; dish out onto a serving plate.
- Top the stir-fried pork with cincaluk with shallot crisps and fried garlic slices.