8 small taro, 2 scallions
1/2t salt, 1/4t sugar
1. Rinse taro well with skin on and cook in pan with enough water to cover until boiled, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
2. Remove taro to cold water and soak for a minute. Then remove skin and halve each one into two. Skip the small ones. Rinse scallions well I and dice.
3. Heat 2T of oil in wok to stir-fry diced scallions until fragrant. Add taro and seasonings and 1C water. Bring to a boil first, then reduce heat to low and simmer until taro are soft and tender, Remove and serve.
1. Cooking taro until done before cooking gives the liquid a sticky, fragrant texture.
2. This dish can be served either hot or cold. Serve the leftovers without returning to wok. Hot taro are puffy and soft; while cold are aromatic and chewy.
3. 1C (cup)=150ml; 1T (Table Spoon)=15ml; 1t(tea spoon)=5ml, 1/2t(tea spoon)=2.5ml, 1/4t(tea spoon)=1.2ml