Tom Yum Goong Soup (Thai Hot & Sour Shrimp Soup)
* 1/2 kg shrimp (prawns), cleaned
* 3 cups seafood soup stock
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1 tablespoon Chili Paste with Soy Bean Oil, Pantainorasingh
* 1 teaspoon Tamarind Paste
* 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
* 2 tablespoons Por Kwan Instant Tom Yum Soup Paste
* 2 slices Galangal
* 2 stalks Lemongrass, sliced crosswise
* 3-4 pc Kaffir Lime Leaves, crushed
* 2-3 fresh Thai Chilies, crushed
* 1/2 can Straw Mushrooms, rinsed and halved
1. Boil soup stock, add Tom Yum Paste, Chili Paste with Soya Bean Oil, sliced galangal, sliced lemongrass and kaffir lime leave
2. Garnish with celery, spring onion, red chili and Thai sweet basil. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Serves 2-3. Copyright 2008 Pantainorasingh.