White chocolate tart with raspberries
* 200ml crÃ¨me fraÃ®che
* 225ml double cream
* 175g white chocolate
* 200g raspberries
For the pastry:
* 120g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
* 2 tsp Green & Black’s cocoa powder
* 1 tbsp icing sugar
* 60g chilled butter
* 1 egg yolk
* 1-2 tbsp ice cold water
1. For the pastry, sift the flour, cocoa and icing sugar into a food processor. Add the cold butter and whiz briefly. Add the egg yolk and a tablespoon or two of ice-cold water. Process again just to the point at which the pastry coheres. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200Â°C/gas 6. Grease a 22cm tart tin.
3. Spread some flour sifted with a bit more cocoa powder on a pastry board. Roll out the pastry thinly and place in the tart tin, pressing it into the edges and trimming the top. Line with kitchen foil and weigh down with baking beans.
4. Place in the oven and bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and foil, then bake for a further 10 minutes until crisp and slightly coloured. Leave to cool.
5. For the filling, heat the crÃ¨me fraÃ®che with 100ml of the double cream.
6. Break the chocolate into a bowl and pour the hot cream over it. Leave for a minute, then stir until the chocolate dissolves. Cover with cling film punched with some air holes, and put in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
7. Very lightly crush the raspberries with a fork, just to let the juice run a little, but leaving them whole. Arrange them in the pastry case.
8. Whisk the remaining double cream until thick but still soft rather than rigid.